Content

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Time for Abfahrt



It's hard to believe it but it's time for departure - nach Deutschland! It won't be my first trip to Germany, as I've been briefly twice before, but it will certainly be the most eye-opening and immersive. It will also be the longest I've ever lived away from home, and the first time I've lived outside of California! Lots of milestones being reached here.

But first, I'm making a stop in our nation's capitol (my first time on the east coast - another milestone) to do some major sightseeing and to attend the CBYX orientation seminar. So stay tuned for American-themed posts before this blog is thoroughly Deutschland-ified!

My trusty cameras (yes, plural) are packed, my carryon feels like it's full of bricks, and, weighing in at a hefty 49 pounds, my single suitcase for the year is harrowingly close to the weight limit - yup, I'm ready! It's off to LAX at 4:30 am come tomorrow. Tschüß!



My previous trips both included stops at KZ-Gedenkstätte Dachau, or the Dachau Concentration Camp


Upcoming Posts

New York
New York (Round 2)
Central California
Northern California
New York (Round 3)
Boston
Australia
Mammoth Lakes
Scandinavia
Iceland
Vancouver
Costa Rica
Banff