Content

Monday, September 8, 2014

Updates and the Triangle Tower

So much happening in so little time! I'll start out with a quick update - I officially found out I will be living, come October 1, with another host family in Berlin! I will be there for the rest of the program, and from October to December I will be attending Freie Universität, one of the 2 major universities in Berlin, to study Politikwissenschaft.

These past two weekends I've been to 5 castles and 4 new cities in Germany! And I have officially taken 3600 pictures since being in Germany, and almost 5000 if you count pictures I took during in Washington, D.C. at the start of this adventure. So there is a lot to go through.

We'll continue with August 6, when after class some friends and I scaled one of the tallest buildings in Cologne, the Triangle Tower. It's only 103 meters high (30 stories), but there isn't much competition for the "tallest buildings in Cologne" category. (As I mentioned before, many buildings in Cologne are subject to height restrictions in order to protect the view of the cathedral). 

We took an elevator up to the top and were rewarded with quite the view in every direction. 




Hohenzollern bridge, old city, and cathedral







Looking down the Rhine







We concluded our quick afternoon outing by crossing to the other side of the river, enjoying the scenery in the meantime.

Still loving the Cathedral

Ludwig Museum roof in the foreground

Another look at the love locks, which I explained in my previous post




Cathedral and Hohenzollern Bridge
That's all for this quick update - I'll have more up soon! Bis dann!

P.S. If you want to look at all my pictures from the trip they'll be here, stretching back to my first days in D.C. They have no captions though. 







Upcoming Posts

New York
New York (Round 2)
Central California
Northern California
New York (Round 3)
Boston
Australia
Mammoth Lakes
Scandinavia
Iceland
Vancouver
Costa Rica
Banff